Research assistant, Department of Peace and Conflict Research
The deadline for applying to this position has passed.
Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highest quality and relevance to make a long-term difference in society. Our most important assets are all the individuals whose curiosity and dedication make Uppsala University one of Sweden’s most exciting workplaces. Uppsala University has over 45,000 students, more than 7,000 employees and a turnover of around SEK 7 billion.
The Department of Peace and Conflict Research was established in 1971 to conduct peace research and offer courses in peace and conflict studies. Currently approx. 80 persons are employed at the Department and at present some 300-400 students are enrolled every academic year. Courses offered include undergraduate and post-graduate courses, as well as a Ph. D. programme. For more information, visit http://www.pcr.uu.se.
The Department now seeks to hire a full-time (100%) research assistant for ten months, starting in June 2021.
The assistant will work 60 % as a research assistant within the FBA-financed project “Police Oversight in Post-Conflict Security Sector Reform” (project leader), and 40% as a research assistant within the ERC-financed project “Variation in Oversight of Police Misconduct (project leader).
- Data collection on police misconduct oversight institutions in Australia, Canada and South Africa
- Data collection on police misconduct oversight in post-conflict countries
- Write summaries of police misconduct oversight institutions
- Preparation of draft policy brief and academic texts
- Review of secondary literature
- Editing and formatting of academic texts
Qualifications and required skills:
- Bachelor degree in Peace and Conflict studies or a related field
- Excellent proficiency in English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Basic word processing and Excel skills
- Attention to detail and exactness, analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to work to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with qualitative data collection
- Experience with research on police misconduct oversight
- Studies at advanced level (Master level) in Peace and Conflict studies
- Ability to independently analyze data and to develop scientific texts
For this position, we will carefully consider qualifications, merits and personal suitability.
Salary: Individual salary.
Starting date: 15 June 2021, or as otherwise agreed.
Type of employment: Temporary position ending 15 April 2022 (10 months).
Scope of employment: 100 %
For further information about the position please contact: Kristine Eck, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application by 8 March 2021, UFV-PA 2021/547.
Are you considering moving to Sweden to work at Uppsala University? If so, you will find a lot of information about working and living in Sweden at www.uu.se/joinus. You are also welcome to contact International Faculty and Staff Services at email@example.com.
Please do not send offers of recruitment or advertising services.
Submit your application through Uppsala University's recruitment system.
Placement: Department of Peace and Conflict Research
Type of employment: Full time , Temporary position longer than 6 months
Pay: Individual salary
Number of positions: 1
Working hours: 100
County: Uppsala län
Number of reference: UFV-PA 2021/547
Last application date: 2021-03-08