Previous Holders of the Claude Ake Visiting Chair
- 2019: Dr. Eghosa E. Osaghae, Professor of Comparative Politics at University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria.
- 2018: Professor Heidi Hudson (South Africa); Professor of International Relations and Director of the Centre for Africa Studies at the University of the Free State, Bloemfontein, South Africa.
- 2017: Professor Rachid Tlemçani (Algeria); Professor, Political Science and International Relations Department, University of Algiers, Algeria.
- 2016: Professor Tim Murithi (South Africa); Extraordinary Professor of African Studies, at the Centre for African Studies, University of Free State, South Africa and Head of the Justice and Reconciliation in Africa Programme at the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation, in Cape Town.
- 2015: Professor Pumla Gobodo-Madikizela (South Africa); Senior research professor for trauma, forgiveness and reconciliation at the University of the Free State, and former professor of psychology at the University of Cape Town.
- 2014: Professor Maxi Schoeman (South Africa); Head of Department of Political Sciences and Professor of International Relations at University of Pretoria, South Africa.
- 2013: Professor Victor Adetula (Nigeria); Professor of International Relations & Development Studies at the University of Jos, Nigeria and Head of Division of Africa & Regional Integration at the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs, Lagos
- 2012: Dr. Pamela Mbabazi (Uganda); Associate Professor of Development studies at Mbarara University of Science & Technology and currently the Deputy Vice Chancellor.
- 2010: Dr. Yacob Arsano (Ethiopia); Associate Professor of Political Science & International Relations at Addis Ababa University. He has also been serving as Dean of the College of Social Sciences at AAU since 2006.
- 2009: Professor Yashpal Tandon (Uganda); was the Executive Director of the South Centre in Geneva until February 2009. He is currently a senior advisor to the Centre. South Centre is an intergovernmental think tank of the developing countries.
- 2008: Professor Adam Azzain Mohamed (the Sudan); Director of the Institute for the Study of Public Administration and Federal Governance at the University of Khartoum, the Sudan.
- 2007: Professor Charles Villa-Vicencio (South Africa); Professor Emeritus at the University of Cape Town and Executive Director of the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR), Cape Town.
- 2006: Professor Kwame Boafo-Arthur (Ghana); Head of the Department of Political Science, University of Ghana, Legon.
- 2005: Professor Amadu Sesay (Sierra Leone); Head of the Department of International Relations, Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria.
- 2004: Dr. Cyril I. Obi (Nigeria); Associate Research Professor at the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs and Senior Research Fellow/Programme Coordinator at the Nordic Africa Institute, Uppsala.
- 2003: Professor L. Adele Jinadu (Nigeria); a former President of the African Association of Political Science (AAPS), Jinadu is Executive Director of the Centre for Advanced Social Science (CASS), in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
Last modified: 2022-11-07