Public Symposium on Preventing Conflict Related Sexual Violence: From Theory to Practice
- Date: –18:30
- Location: Gamla Torget, TBA
- Organiser: Department of Peace and Conflict Research
- Contact person: Angela Muvumba Sellström
This event is jointly sponsored with the Uppsala Forum on Democracy, Peace and Justice.
This Symposium aims to address pressing questions pertaining to conflict-related sexual violence and its prevention.
- How should we understand the prevention of sexual violence?
- What types of armed actors invest in restraint and discipline, and why?
- How can the international community influence the behaviour of those actors in wartime, and in post-conflict peacetime?
The Department of Peace and Conflict Research, Uppsala University, intends to open up the discussion of these questions. The panellists are researchers and policy practitioners who work on issues of gender, sexual violence and armed group behaviour in conflict-affected settings. The event is free and open to all.